I am still working on my who all will be involved in our Reading Roundabouts, but I have finally settled on the book lists for them. First, for the Ladies' Roundabout with some women at church we will be reading a nice variety:
1. Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes
2. Practical Theology for Women by Wendy Horger Alsup
3. If by Amy Carmichael
4. He Gave Us a Valley by Helen Roseveare
5. Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
6. Marriage to a Difficult Man the Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards by Elisabeth Dodds
These are all books either I have or am able to get from my bookstore. I have a 33% off coupon for LifeWay right now!
Caitlin, Chrissy, Grace and I are having our own little Roundabout. Since there are fewer of us, and the girls are such voracious readers, we will be exchanging books every 2 weeks! I've started us with 6 books, which should take us to the end of the school semester. Here's what we are reading:
1. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
2. Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
3. Mimosa by Amy Carmichael
4. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
5. Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
6. Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom
This weekend I'm going to work on making bookmarks and little notebook journals to pass around with the books to keep everyone on schedule and to give us a way to communicate about the books. I'd also like to put together little Reading Roundabout parties, so I need to look at a calendar and try to schedule those.
Thanks again to MummyMac for the outstanding suggestion. Many good cups of tea to you all!