Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little hands

Saw this little poem on Pinterest and wanted to post it on here -- it's such a good little prayer that moms of young children really and truly need to pray.  I don't know the author or anything, or I'd give the credit!

Oh give me patience when wee hands
Tug at met with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes.
Keep my lips from hasty replies.
And let not weariness, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when in years to come my house is still -- 
No bitter memories its room may fill.
This messy activity will not always fill my rooms! :*)

1 comment:

Donald Fantz said...

This poem was written by my grandmother, Ellen J. Macrorie and published in her "Short Poems" in 1928. Plagiarizers have tried to change words here or there and claim it for their own. My father framed this poem and drew roses on the poem, giving a copy to each of us years ago. Ann Landers published it as "Anonymous", but my uncle advised her of the real author. D.Fantz