Sunday, September 24, 2006

Family Pictures


Here are some family pictures that we had taken with Josh's family a month or two ago. I really liked the way they turned out, thanks to digital cameras that lets everybody see how they looked right away! The group one is my favorite. I think it is so funny to live in a family where everyone is adults! I know that won't last forever!

I know I am blessed to get along so well with my in-laws. Josh's sisters are some of my best friends, and I know that Josh's respect for his parents and family have made it easy for them to accept me -- the first outsider to marry in! So this is the Neisler family (although, they are not all Neislers anymore). The back row is Ryan (Jerry), Josh's only brother and the baby of the family, Aaron, Melissa (Josh's next youngest sibling and Aaron 's wife), Kari (the middle of the fam), and her hubby Lukas, then Josh on the end. On the bench is Laura (in the yellow) who is Ryan's twin, Josh's mom, Lennis, and his dad, Gary, then me! I think this will be a fun picture to show the kids one day, of when we were all young and fun! :)

8 comments:

Hayden405 said...

Check it out!! Those are good pictures! You have the stream of water in the background and everything. I have a feeling we're all going to be missing that nice sunny weather in just a few short weeks. Come on Spring!

Kelley said...

Twins? How cool is that! I'm a little biased I guess. :)

Great pics!

Sarah said...

Such cute pics! I love outdoor photos--they make everyone look so nice. You will have to send me one of you and Josh--I love it!

Sandy said...

just wait until there are about 3 little kids in the picture that won't all smile and look at the camera at the same time. (we will be up to 6 by Christmas, but I am not complaining)

Gretchen said...

This is a real place we took these pics at!! I felt a little cheesy and senior picturish in the ones of just Josh and I, but I think it turned out well.

Kelley -- I know, twins with a boy and a girl are so cool and rare! I'm not sure they are as close as you and Kevin, though.

Sandy -- hee hee! That's what I was saying about the picutres being all adults. all you have to worry about is everyone liking the way they look!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM! They are so cool. I especially like the fact that everyone is wearing a different color of solid polo. Sort of Rainbow-like without the "gayness". :-) of course, rainbows are my favorite. Love the pictures! You are beautiful as usual! :)

Donette said...

Hi Gretchen! I am so glad you contacted me! I love the site, and love the pictures. How is it that you haven't changed a bit since college? Anyway, I will be checking the blog frequently - can't wait to interact with you some more!

Stephanie said...

Howdy Gret,
San told me about your site. I am so glad to find it so I can stay in touch with you come Jan. We are so going to miss you!!!