Here's the summer reading list I made for my dear sister Emily, who celebrated her 19th birthday yesterday! I have been making her summer reading lists for years.
Happy Birthday, Emma. Here are the good books I picked for you to read this summer:
1. The Peacemaker Student Edition by Ken Sande. I think this will be a great help to you as live out your counseling degree. :)
2. The Story of the Treasure Seekers by E. Nesbit. I have been raving. Now it's time for you to read it!
3. The Wouldbegoods by E. Nesbit. I'm so sure you will love the first one, you simply MUST read the hilarious sequel.
4. The New Treasure Seekers by E. Nesbit. You just won't be able to stop once you've read the first two.
5. The Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney. It's short, but it's incredibly good. I pray this book will be a breath of fresh air, as it was to me. Sweet, liberating, and solid.
6. The Gray Wolf and Other Stories by George MacDonald. I know how much you love George MacDonald and Woofs.
7. The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander. This is the first in a series of The Chronicles of Prydain. Dr. Orrick (who was one of Emily's favorite teachers this semester) and his daughter were in the bookstore the other day and they recommended these to me.
8. The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander. This is the sequel to Black Cauldron.
9. Living Faith by Helen Roseveare. This is an autobiography by a woman who was a medical missionary in Africa for decades. I think you'll really like her. She's so readable.
10. The Penderwicks on Gardam Street. I put this one on here because I know you were already planning to read it. I am too!
Love you, Em!