Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chrissy's Reading List

Another one of my dear Junior highers asked for a summer reading list. Chrissy tells me that she mostly enjoys reading stories, so I gave her a variety of fiction and biography. Sorry it took me so long, Chrissy! I know you're getting ready to go on vacation, so I hope this helps you, little sister. We'll miss you during VBS, but take some books along on your trip.



1. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald (this is on my summer reading list, too!)



2. The Princess and Curdy by George MacDonald (the sequel)



3. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (if you haven't already read it)



4. Tramp for the Lord by Corrie Ten Boom (such an inspiring sequel)



5. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (I gave this one to Caitlin, too!)



6. Each Little Bird that Sings by Deborah Wiles (I promise you will CRY, but you will LOVE it! -- this is one of the best summer reading books ever, in my opinion)

7. The Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney (this book has changed my life, and it's really short, so it's the only non-STORY I gave you!)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Thank you SO much Miss Gretch!
I've been hard pressed trying to find good books for our trip.
Thank you Again! See ya Wednesday!

Love,
Chrissy

P.S. I am very sad about not being at VBS. :(

Gretchen said...

I know you are, Chrissy. I'm sorry about that. We'll try not to plan VBS during your vacation next year! We need those Blooms!!!!!!!! :)

Love ya~!
~Miss Gretch