Heather tagged me to tell 5 unique things about myself. I honestly don't think I could POSSIBLY think of 5 things that everybody doesn't already know. I have zero claims to fame (minus the Pow-Wow Freestyle Dance Champion, which I already shared about in my last tag), and I try not to say about myself "I'm the kind of person who. . . "
Because I don't matter! My last 2 posts were all about struggling with pride, so I hope it's okay with everybody if I change up the tag and simply tell 5 untold things that interest me greatly.
1. I really LOVE the children's curriculum put out by Children Desiring God. My favorite one that I've used so far is the ABC's of God. If any of my readers work with children, I cannot tell you how AMAZING this curriculum is. It is so God-centered, and God honoring. Please check out their website. I have used their material for Sunday School, Midweek service, children's church and VBS. It's all great.
2. My grandmother killed a copperhead snake when she was 3. She was a little farm girl and it was her job to guard the chickens and she hacked it up with a shovel. She didn't know what kind it was. I think she's so cool! I'd like to write a children's book about little Helen someday.
3. I am pretty much completely vegetarian. I'll go for a little seafood sometimes, or if good friends make something special, I'm up for trying. I do this because I am trying to be healthy, save money and besides, I don't really like meat very much. But I LOVE veggies!
4. Last night on Masterpieces Theater, there was the best new version of Jane Eyre. WOW! It was excellent! I'll have to look into buying that one, so I can watch it with a good picture and pause its 5 hour span to use the restroom. :)
5. Capture the Flag is the most fun summer-time game ever. Last summer at Camp OUTT, we played it constantly, and once it was the leaders vs. the kids. HA HA!! Remember that, Mandy? Johanna, were you there? Six adults against a million kids of all ages and sizes. We WON the 2nd time! So fun!